Friday, December 09, 2005

wyatt's torch

some songs:

when i say that i am feeling 'punchy', do you understand? i find it an apt descriptor for a certain mood. i often feel 'punchy' at work.

i'm developing my tolerance for bourbon. it affects me less; i need to drink more and more to get buzzed, which is obviously problematic. this spring, jack daniels still felt quite rough to me, but now it is very easy, perhaps too easy to drink. i'm not getting the warmth in my throat that i want. it's a problem.

i worry that my left eye is degrading; it gets misty sometimes, especially at night. just the left one, which is weaker already. interesting.

on the bus this morning i read chapter 8, the john galt line, from atlas shrugged. specifically, the second half, the inaugural run. it's still my favourite bit of literature for the sheer momentum. i am still puzzled by the sexual politics of dagny and hank. i'll be moving forward in the book now; i'd been waiting for this part for a number of days now. it lived up to my recollection. after the first time i read atlas shrugged i would read this chapter, out of context, all the time, because it was so forceful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the links have expired. Send them to me via e-mail?

The Rebel Sell touches on the sexual politics between the two of them. I quite enjoyed it.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veda Hille. Best thing about Vancouver.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home