Saturday, February 11, 2006

lady bayside


another long busy week. i was chewed out this morning by two dudes from facilities management who aren't actually in a position to chew me out. i'm not sure if they realised that i have a not-bad rapport with their boss. i tried to sound apologetic without apologising: 'well, i apologise if that seemed unclear in any way'. 'i'm sorry about the confusion that may have caused you'. i tagged on to the meeting; they weren't expecting me, but decided to seize the moment and whine that i'd been going over their head. well, in my experience, if a link breaks down, it is better to go higher up the ladder of responsibility to report problems.

my output to return ratio on energy is becoming frustrating. i'm working too much and to hard for too little pay and/or tangible effect. i have no faith in my potential successors, but i'm moving on for myself. just for me!

we'll have dim sum for breakfast tomorrow at the golden phoenix. it's twice the price of bon's next door, but it is tastier and we feel better having eaten it. there is also rarely a wait, and we can grap a plate of food right away. dim sum is a wonderful way to start the day.
my favourites:
-shrimp dumpling
-shrimp and spinach dumpling
-gai lan
-beef dumpling

tomorrow i'll also begin reading everyday stalinism. for good measure, here's a steely dan song: the boston rag (1973)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Canada has no government. It's something that nobody believes in. It operates and there are no repercussions. Occasionally a dirty joke is told. It's a stag party you're happy you weren't invited to." 1966, Leonard Cohen.

This made me laugh, and thought you'd get it.
- Sam

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home