Sunday, October 09, 2005

a message from the telephone

go download the songs below and tell em what you think. esp. the industry song. so great! and mbv too. just click on the link and you'll get to a page where you can download the song. it'll only be there for 7 days, so act fast. here's another song: the grapes of wrath, misunderstanding (2000)

i need to spend some time in the woods soon. more than just a hike; i want to go camping. at this time of year it will be cold, sure, but there won't be any kids or frat boys around. i can go camping and read atlas shrugged.

another good bike ride this morning.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The path in the trees made me want to do moe nature things too! But I think I'd like to just go on hikes and come home to blankets and hot chocolate.

I didn't like that CD you gave me. Jan was right. It is quite awful. Its just a bunch of noise. On the other hand though, trying to find that CD made me want to listen to the other Lucinda Williams CD. And I really like that one!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Derrick said...

no, no, listen to track 3 - wonderafrica and track 5 - la ritournelle. they are beautiful. give those two a chance.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i hear the noise cd? emmis once let me listen to this music that was mainly just random sound. emmis put it in a situational context and the "noise" came alive for me. it was great! but i have yet to hear more of it...

it made me think about writing stories for random sounds i hear and then making people listen to the sound and read the story. i could put it in a pure white room on podiums and call it art and then charge people for it. and then i would be rich.

see you up at the university tomorrow!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Derrick said...

it's not noise! it's songs!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. So I listened to Track three until Gar turned it off because it was noisy.

I don't want to listen to Track 5.

I don't like this CD.

Gar says it sounds like 80's sitcom intro's. Like Murphy Brown.

I'm not a fan.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home