Saturday, September 17, 2005

it's just the motion

my instinct, for a few minutes, was to stay at home, watch the chronicles of riddick, and get over myself. in retrospect, it was a good idea. i'm probably at the same conclusion (that i had the right answer a week ago) regardless, though. i attribute this lapse to a flush of ego and bad advice. i should know better, and i do know better. it is by knocking down the barricades and still arriving at the same conclusion that we know said conclusion is correct. i questioned my plan today, and came to the same end.

while the hot springs hurt my head, the trip there was incredibly rewarding. it was a good finale to a stressful period, and it grounded me. we went up around garibaldi, tracing the riding boundary to the very top of lake harrison, just past port douglas. i'd do that again. seeing the gothic church in skookumchuk. lilooet lake, mount currie, pemberton, tipella, sloquet. being naked in the hot springs with relative strangers.

i regret that i imposed on a friend tonight, longer than i should have, out of sheer unhappiness. i should have left sooner. hell, i should have stayed home.

jazz police grounds me. sharon butala, as much as i fight against her writing at times, grounds me. the globe and mail saturday crossword grounds me. you on my mind grounds me. vancouver-kingsway grounds me. sushi grounds me. the myriad details of retail work grounds me. drinking a double short espresso on the skytrain grounds me. sam sullivan v. christy clark grounds me. trout lake grounds me. don delillo and baseball grounds me. jan grounds me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can impose at fort awesome!

although i heard that there are lambchops competing with us.

what are we? chopped liver?

ba bum ching.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you'd feel better in the morning. :) Your last paragraph is brilliant. Keep on doing that.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home